Thursday, November 1, 2007

Pregnant today

Tomorrow will take forever to come
We will see if we continue, or if we are done
I might hear your heart, and I'll sigh with relief
Or I might hear nothing, to which I will grieve
It will be the loudest silence I'll have to endure
I'll ask to listen again, just to be sure
You tickled my belly, I rubbed you so
We knew each other; every high and every low
I close my eyes and think of you
You'll be with God, that is true
I can't understand why it has to be
I can't understand why you can't be with me
Its hard to know that I couldn't protect you
As your mother, I failed to perfect you
I know I'll see every night in my dreams
Sometimes that won't be good enough, and I'll want to scream
I know some people say its better this way
But what do they know? Its us who has to pay
I'm hours away from knowing our fate
And when that hour comes, my heart will hurt great
Until then I'll rub my belly and pretend you are ok
And enjoy these last moments of being pregnant today

1 comment:

Jeremy and Jessica said...

I am so sorry. I cry every time I read this. I haven't had to deal with the pain you have, but I just wanted to tell you that I am so sorry. I never knew quite what to say to you and it has taken me forever to write you. But I think about you a lot and I just wanted to let you know that if you need anything just let me know. We haven't seen eachother in forever but you we were good friends.
Jessica Waters(Earle)